Lighter® polyethylene terephtalate(PET) from Equipolymers, a 50/50 joint venture between Dow Chemical and PIC from Kuwait, is a leading PET brand in Europe serving the food packaging and blister packaging market.
Lighter® PET is a stiff transparent polymer with high barrier properties offering lightweight substation of glass and other materials.
Lighter® is an exceptional material which offers rigidity, transparency and impact at low cost. Lighter® PET is mainly used in ISBM (Injection Stretch Blow Moulding) and thermoforming but can also be used in injection moulding applications. The production site is located in Schkopau (GER).
LIGHTER® PET offers:
- Excellent gloss, transparency & clarity
- Exceptional organoleptical performance (taste & odour)
- Excellent oxygen barrier
- Excellent moisture barrier
- Easy to shape, print & emboss
- Good impact properties
- High rigidity which allows lighter packaging than ever before
- Low shrinkage
- 100% recyclable
Bottles for drinks and cosmetics, blisters, thermoformed food containers, extruded pipes for posters protection, different IM applications such as shelf dividers, car plate covers, etc.
Current PET Lighter® portfolio includes 2 series:
- LIGHTER® C-series: Standard range of different viscosity
- LIGHTER® S-series: Grades with enhanced infrared heating rates
Loading, please wait