Celanese Pibiflex® is a thermoplastic copolyester elastomer (TPC, TPE-E or COPE) based on PBT as the hard segment and the soft segment as amorphous long chain polyether/polyester segments.
Pibiflex® TPC combines the favourable characteristics of vulcanized rubber, such as toughness, tear and flex fatigue resistance with the easy processability of thermoplastics.
Pibiflex® TPC can be processed by standard injection, extrusion or blow molding but also by rotational molding or physical foaming (Mucell). Standard Pibiflex® TPC grades have good adhesion to many polymers such as PC, PC/PBT, PC/ABS, PBT, EVA or TPU and special Pibiflex® grades also to SEBS.
TPC (TPE-E) Pibiflex® offers a wide range of grades:
- Hardness range from 25 Shore D to 70 Shore D
- Low temperature limit down to -45°C
- Max continuous temperature up to 150°C
- UV stabilized grades
- Heat stabilized grades
- Flame retardant
- Low emissions
Main Pibiflex® TPC benefits are:
- High creep resistance, impact strength and flexural fatigue resistance
- Excellent toughness and elasticity
- Good flexibility at low temperatures
- Good properties retention at high temperatures
- Good chemical resistance (oils, greases, salt solutions)
- Excellent surface gloss and good paintability
- Excellent wear resistance
Loading, please wait