BRASKEM is offering a wide range of polypropylene resins meeting industry demands.
It has two production sites in Europe. One in Wesseling (GER) operating on the Unipol™ technology and one in Schkopau (GER) operating under the Spheripol™ licence.
Polypropylene is the most versatile plastic around and can be converted by all main production processes:
- Blown film
- Cast film
- Extrusion Blow Moulding (EBM)
- Injection Stretch Blow Moulding (ISBM)
- Injection moulding
- Fibre spinning
Polypropylene is typically divided into three main groups. Each of these groups displays different outstanding property and therefore BRASKEM Polypropylene Resins are used in many different applications:
- PP homopolymer has the highest stiffness
- PP copolymer has the highest impact resistance
- PP random copolymer has the highest transparency
Food packaging, pails, crates and boxes, caps and closures, fibres and staple fibres , films, tubes and pipes, sheets and profiles, house wares and consumer goods.
BRASKEM Polypropylene Resins offers:
- Good to High stiffness = possible down gauging
- High temperature resistance = allows filling at high temperature, microwave, sterilisation
- Chemical inertness = stress cracking resistance
- Steam barrier properties = food protection
- Nucleated or clarified grades = higher stiffness and transparency
- Outstanding impact / rigidity balance = possible substitution of more expensive polymers
- Easy to stretch = excellent for film and fibre applications
- Good hinge properties = allows advance part design and cost saving
Loading, please wait