Zenite® LCP resins are wholly aromatic polyester resins and are easily processed. The materials feature excellent dimensional stability and creep resistance – even at very high temperatures. In the molten state, the polymer’s rod-like molecules are somewhat aligned. With processing shear stresses, the molecular alignment is further enhanced.
This, in turn, contributes to anisotropic properties – including superior physical properties over a wide temperature range, low thermal expansion, and low mould shrinkage – especially in the flow direction.
Zenite® LCP offers:
Zenite® LCP liquid crystal polymer resin is inherently flame resistant, UL94 V-0, and halogen-free without additives. It not only takes the heat but excels in all-around performance and moulding productivity, providing solutions for complex thin-wall parts. Choose it over ceramics, thermosets and HTPAs to downsize parts, upgrade performance, accelerate production, reduce system costs and develop new markets.
Attributes and features include:
- High-temperature electrical/electronic assembly: Withstands SMT assembly, including lead-free solder reflow
- Superior heat aging performance and retention of properties with temperature
- Design freedom: outstanding flow – long paths, thin walls, complex shapes
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Inherently flame retardant
- Precision: exceptional dimensional stability, low mould shrinkage, low thermal expansion
- Moulding speed: super-fast cycling
- Excellent balance of stiffness, strength and toughness
- Outstanding creep resistance
- Superior dielectrics over a wide temperature range
Typical Zenite® applications:
A wide range of components for electrical/electronics, lighting, telecommunications, auto ignition and fuel handling, aerospace, fibre optics, motors, imaging devices, sensors, ovenware, fuel or gas barrier structures and more.
Zenite® LCP portfolio:
Zenite®LCP resins are typically available as glass reinforced, mineral reinforced and glass/mineral reinforced grades. Speciality grades with reduced wear and reduced friction, improved weld line strength and high dielectric constant are also available. Grades designed for enhanced electroless plating also belong to the Zenite® LCP portfolio.
Loading, please wait